Monday, November 16, 2015

Let's Talk Lipstick


Yay, lipstick! I'm a little obsessed. (Note: These are not all my lipsticks. All of them would not fit neatly in one picture, haha)

One of my favorite beauty gurus is Samantha Ravndahl, from Batalash Beauty. So when she came out with her own lipstick, I obviously bought it the first day it came out.


This was my first lipstick from Lip Land. And I must say, I'm impressed. The texture and the smell is to die for. It's super creamy, but still ultra pigmented. And it smells like delicious cake. Win-win.
I was also impressed by my whole Lip Land experience. This lipstick was $14.99, with free shipping anywhere in the U.S. I ordered it Monday morning, it shipped Monday afternoon, and arrived Saturday from the opposite end of the country. I was thrilled!

Samantha designed this to be the "perfect nude" for her. Not too pink, not too brown. But this looks different in all kinds of lighting.

Natural Lighting
 
 Artificial white lighting
 
Artificial yellow lighting
 
 
So once I saw it in different lightings, I wanted to compare it to some lipsticks I already own.
 
 
 

So my overall opinion: I love this product. It applies well, the service was great, and it's its own color. When I first opened it, it looked extremely similar to "Crème Cup", and sometimes it looks more like "Cookie", but it's definitely different enough that I don't regret buying it. So, two thumbs up, Samantha and Lip Land!

Yesterday's makeup, using "Crème Corsett"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment